Devil’s Canyon Lodge
Option 1- Devil’s Canyon Lodge
The lodge would be built below the rim and along the benches below the rim to the east. The general program for this lodge may include:
- 30 to 50 Tiny Homes – 500 to 600 square feet or 30 to 50 cottages for divided ownership approximately 1,500 to 2,000 sf.
- Central lodge with reception, dining (75 seats expandable to 100 seats), lounge and small meeting rooms- all approximately 8,000 sf.
- Exercise/ spa structure approximately 3,000 sf.
- Pool and amenity area
- Special events lawn
- Trail system
- Remote camp platforms
- A lake for fishing, boating, or swimming
- Public facilities (above the rim)
- Paved access
- Amphitheater for outdoor concerts, large groups, weddings, lectures
The positives of the program would be:
- Low impact
- Permitting may be less complex
- Cost would be modest and could be partially financed by sales of units or divided portions of units.
Option 2 – Devil’s Canyon Family Conference Center
The lodge could be located below the rim. The general program for this may include:
- 100 to 150 guest rooms, 350 to 400 sf, and in various sized structures that could be rented to different sized groups.
- Central lodge with reception, 3-meal restaurant and commissary.
- Conference facility that could accommodate different size meetings from 20 to 200 people. This facility should be close to or adjoin the central lodge.
- Exercise center
- 2 pool areas- one for adults and one for kids
- Volleyball courts
- Basketball courts
- Trails for hiking
- Remote tent platforms
- Rock climbing area
- Riverside watersports concession
- Wedding chapel
- Special events lawn
- Horseshoe pit
- Ropes course
- Picking/ barbecue area
- Public amenities (above rim)
- Visitors center with facilities for concessions (geode services for climbing, hiking, ATVs, etc.)
- All-purpose field (for baseball, soccer, and active sports)
The positives and negatives of this alternative include:
- It would appeal to a local and regional group for business, family, and institutional conferences and family reunions.
Option 3 – Devil’s Canyon Hotel
This facility would be located on a large plateau just below the rim and the canyons below would be kept as natural open space and recreational facilities. There may also be some recreational structures below the rim. The general program for this may include:
- 200 to 250 guest rooms approximately 400 square feet per room. A block of rooms would be in a central structure and the balance in wings or a few separate buildings.
- The main building would have:
- Reception and lobby
- 3-meal restaurant
- Fine dining restaurant
- Back of house
- Conference facility that could accommodate different size meetings from 20 to 400 people. This facility should be close to or adjoin the main building.